1. Call Adams Funeral Home 937-492-4700
2. Inform us of the following information:
- Who you are
- Your telephone number
- Who has passed away, and at what time
- Where the deceased is located
- The Physician’s name
3. Make an appointment immediately with Adams Funeral Home
4. Notify your clergy
5. Gather information for the Death Certificate:
- Full name of the deceased
- Street Address
- Date and place of birth
- Social Insurance/Medicare Number
- Marital status
- Father's name and birthplace
- Mother's name and mother's maiden name and birthplace
- Select clothing and personal items for the deceased.
- Several recent photographs
- Full set of clothing, including undergarments
- Eyeglasses, dentures, etc.
- Religious symbols (cross, rosary, etc.)
6. Gather Obituary Information. Adams Funeral Home will normally write the article and submit to the newspaper(s).
7. Decide an appropriate memorial to which gifts can be made. (Church, Hospice, Library, School, or Charity)
8. Select Pallbearers.
9. Make a list and contact by telephone:
- Immediate family
- Close friends
- Employer or business colleagues
10. Locate the will and notify the Lawyer and Executor.
11. Arrange for members of the family or close friends to take turns answering door or telephone. Keep a careful record of all calls.
12. Arrange for childcare, if necessary.
13. Arrange hospitality for visiting relatives and friends.
14. Check and notify:
- All Life Insurance Company(s)
- Death benefits
- Investment Company
- Bank, Trust Company or Credit Union
- Trade Union
- Fraternal Organizations
- Military organizations (Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars)
15. Prepare a list of distant persons to be notified.
16. If deceased was living alone, notify:
- Utility companies
- Post Office - forwarding address